[ADMB Users] ADMB-IDE for Linux and Mac OS

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Fri Feb 18 10:04:33 PST 2011

Good points, Tom.

I have indeed programmed the ADMB-IDE installer in Windows so that the
installation will halt if it encounters an existing .emacs file, and ask
the user whether to overwrite or keep the original. Any "installer" in
Linux or Mac OS should also avoid overwriting an existing .emacs.

ADMB-IDE is designed for non-Emacs users. Regular Emacs users should just
install and load the admb.el package like other Emacs packages (it is a
conservative package that plays nicely with a regular user's settings).
This important point is currently buried somewhere in the ADMB-IDE manual
and in admb.el comments, but I should make this clear in a more obvious
place.

Arni