[ADMB Users] NLMM Model Selection

Chris Gast cmgast at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:10:31 PST 2011

I'm sorry, I must be getting confused.  My message from yesterday (question
1) asked if the objective function value in the .par file was the
post-integration marginal likelihood, to which you responded in the
negative, but now it seems as if you're saying what I had originally
postulated is true. Maybe it's just a terminology difference.  It is my
understanding that the .par file contains the optimum loglikelihood value
obtained, where the loglikelihood value is marginalized over the random
effects.  Perhaps there is some miscommunication?  I think we're talking
about the same thing.

Since the marginal likelihood is available in the .par file, is there a way
to output the conditional likelihood following optimization?

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris Gast
cmgast at gmail.com