[ADMB Users] R glmm.admb error trapping

Jager, Yetta jagerhi at ornl.gov
Thu Jan 13 07:42:05 PST 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions in response to an earlier thread.  I wanted to provide a solution that ended up working (below).  The developers
were also very helpful with suggestions.  Thanks for your help.

Yetta

#   Run admb in try block
fail <- tryCatch(
    {
      print("inside tryCatch")
#	options(show.error.messages = TRUE);
#     M[[my_id]] <- lm( new_fixed, data = Data);
      M[[my_id]] <- glmm.admb( fixed = new_fixed, random = ~1, group = "Subregion", data = Data,
      family = "nbinom", verbose = TRUE, out.dir = "C:\\Biomass_Biodiversity\\R\\ADMB-outdir")
      print(M[[my_id]]);
      0
    }, error=function(err)
    {
       print("caught an error");
       traceback();
	 warnings();
       print(paste("Model failed for variables ", new_fixed, sep=""));
       1
    })
    fail;