[ADMB Users] gradient_structure problem with nbinom glmm.admb in R

Rafael Mares crm53 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 06:42:00 PDT 2011

Thank you Mollie, Dave and Hans for your replies and help.

As Mollie pointed out, the problem was simpler than I imagined. Just
in case this is helpful for anyone else:

I was using the latest stable release of glmmADMB (0.5-2), which I
mistakenly thought could handle 2 random effects (maybe it can, but
not in the way I was specifying the model). I've now tried the alpha
release (0.6) in linux (I think it doesn't work on windows and didn't
work for me on a mac), and it seems to be doing what I want it to do:
incorporating 2 random effects to my glmm, like so.

glmmadmb(dur ~ 1 + (1 | group) + (1 | id), data = dat, family =
"nbinom", easyFlag = TRUE, verbose = TRUE)

No more MAX_NVAR_OFFSET problems.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion.
All the best,

Raff

--
Rafael Mares