[ADMB Users] seamless ADMB install on Ubuntu Lucid

Daniel Ricard ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Jun 15 11:52:13 PDT 2011

Hello,
It can be a thankless job being a software developer since fixing
problems is usually when users get in touch. I have had no personal
contributions to the development of ADMB and am speaking from an end
user point of view.

So to break tradition, I would like to thank everyone involved in ADMB
development for the fact that I successfully installed the software on a
Linux Ubuntu Lucid 10.4 LTS, without a single hitch, with three command
invocations at the shell prompt. This is quite a different install
experience from others I had since first installing ADMB while working
in a marine research lab 10 years ago.

Thanks again for the important hard work to all developers and
contributors in making ADMB a more accessible software to all
practitioners using it for scientific analyses.

All the best.

Dan