[ADMB Users] macos weird install

John Brandon jbrandon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:02:56 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Following up on this thread: I've been having some trouble compiling
*.tpl files on MacOS 10.6.7, Xcode 3.2.6 (the machine came with Xcode 4
installed, but I installed v.3.2 following ADMB install documentation).

I've installed ADMB 10.0 (64bit for MacOS) and I can type the 'admb'
command at the prompt and see the usage options.

However, when I try to compile 'simple.tpl' by typing 'admb simple'
(from the directory: .../examples/admb/simple) I get the following error
message:

"
*** Parsing: tpl2cpp simple
Error trying to open file xxhtop.tmp
Error trying to open file xxglobal.tmp
Error trying to open file simple.htp
Error trying to open file xxalloc.tmp
/usr/local/admb/bin/admb: line 64:  8137 Segmentation fault      tpl2cpp
simple

Error: Failed to build executable.
"

Does this look familiar to anyone? I've looked through all documentation
and the threads I could find online, but haven't been able to find an
example like this and am now stumped. I'd be happy to provide more
information if needed. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
John Brandon

PS: Here's what I get when I type the 'set' command (with .../admb/bin
added to PATH).

ADMB_HOME=/usr/local/admb
Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render=/tmp/launch-k7pxh0/Render
BASH=/bin/bash
BASH_ARGC=()
BASH_ARGV=()
BASH_LINENO=()
BASH_SOURCE=()
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="3" [1]="2" [2]="48" [3]="1" [4]="release"
[5]="x86_64-apple-darwin10.0")
BASH_VERSION='3.2.48(1)-release'
COLUMNS=117
COMMAND_MODE=unix2003
DIRSTACK=()
DISPLAY=/tmp/launch-BjDWdl/org.x:0
EUID=501
GROUPS=()
HISTFILE=/Users/johnbrandon/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=500
HISTSIZE=500
HOME=/Users/johnbrandon
HOSTNAME=John-Brandons-MacBook-Pro.local
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
IFS=$' \t\n'
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LINES=61
LOGNAME=johnbrandon
MACHTYPE=x86_64-apple-darwin10.0
MAILCHECK=60
OLDPWD=/Users/johnbrandon
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=darwin10.0
PATH=/usr/local/admb/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
PPID=8314
PS1='\h:\W \u\$ '
PS2='> '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/usr/local/admb/examples/admb/simple
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:history:interactive-comments:monitor

SHLVL=1
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/launch-MMbOnL/Listeners
TERM=xterm-color
TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=273.1
TMPDIR=/var/folders/0l/0l8ZAOWKEVe5r8btcKMQg++++TI/-Tmp-/
UID=501
USER=johnbrandon
_=simple
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0