[ADMB Users] explantion on error message: no match for 'operator'

Hintzen, Niels Niels.Hintzen at wur.nl
Fri May 27 03:21:59 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm just starting to code some ADMB myself but could use a bit of help with some of the error messages. I've tried to look it up in the manuals / internet but couldn't find any suggestion to point me in the right direction, though I think it's something rather simple. Is there a page to see the most common error messages with a generic description where to look for?

I am using the ADMB-IDE version 4.5.0.
When I'm trying to build the code, I'm getting error messages like: error: no match for 'operator/' in 'operator...
My question would be, what do I need to look for, what in general goes wrong if I get these messages.
I would like to keep it slightly more general first before posting my code, just to improve my understanding of AMDB coding.

Niels