[ADMB Users] a difference in estimates between versions?

Derek Seiple dseiple84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:27:12 PDT 2011

I ran Saang-Yoon's attached example on 32-bit ubuntu with version 9.1,
10.1, and the latest version with bug fixes. In ALL THREE I got the
following .std file.

 index   name   value      std dev
     1   r    4.9790e-01 4.4611e-02
     2   B1   8.8262e+04 9.0362e+03
     3   K    9.1796e+04 4.5790e+03
     4   lnq -2.1705e+00 1.4898e-01

There was no difference in values amongst the versions. You will note
though that these values are slightly different from the ones he
supplied for ADMB IDE 450-1. This suggests to me that it is either a
32-bit-64-bit difference or a windows difference.

Can anyone else run the attached model for 64-bit on linux and windows
or 32-bit on windows for the two versions of ADMB and report the .std
file for comparison?

Derek