[ADMB Users] a difference in estimates between versions?

Steve Martell s.martell at fisheries.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 5 20:37:02 PDT 2011

Here are the results from a Mac!  Based on revision 89 (July 14, 2011), last time I committed to the source code.

 index   name   value      std.dev
     1   r    5.0287e-01 5.9674e-02
     2   B1   8.9118e+04 1.1292e+04
     3   K    9.0878e+04 6.0853e+03
     4   lnq -2.1634e+00 1.7195e-01

I think this might be a bit of a dog chasing its tail.  Why not use one of the benchmark models for this issue instead of this code.  If the same problem exists with a benchmark model (e.g. catage) then Saang-Yoon might have a  point, otherwise it could just be these uninformative data.

By the way, it might help to rescale the data I noticed the latent variables here span 5 orders of magnitude.