[ADMB Users] Correct model for counting data

Marcelo Luiz de Laia marcelolaia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:51:17 PDT 2011

Hi Mollie,

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Mollie Brooks wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
> I'm guessing your Germ is Binomial with N=20,

Yes! After learn a little bit more I think so!

>  (if you have more than 5 replicates).

Hummm! I have only 3 replicates. Is mandatory to have 5 (or more)?

> If you don't then lmer in package lme4 would work.

I will try it.

> or, do they have different overall probabilities AND those
> probabilities change differently through time?

Yes! They have different overall probabilities and those probabilities
change differently through time.

> If you do need zero inflation...

I not need!

> You say
> > My N decrease over the time if germinated and/or infected seeds increase.
>
> Do you remove germinated  or infected seeds? Are they not counted in later observations?

No! I don't remove. But, if in day 1 I have 0 germinated (and/or
infected), I have N=20 and p1. But, if in day 2 I have 2 germinated
(and/or infected), I have N=18 and p2... So, my N decrease.

Thank you very much!

--
  O___   - Marcelo Luiz de Laia
 c/  /'_ - Diamantina