[ADMB Users] FW: [Developers] FW: ADMB-RE

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Mon Oct 24 09:42:23 PDT 2011

For your info
From: dave fournier [mailto:davef at otter-rsch.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:46 PM
To: Mark Maunder
Cc: developers at admb-project.org
Subject: Re: [Developers] FW: ADMB-RE

On 11-10-23 04:07 PM, Mark Maunder wrote:

When I developed ADMB Griewank wanted me to make the copy constructor for
dvariables to be a deep copy. This introduced all kinds of technical difficulties
(hence the exestence of prevariables). It did not seem to have any real advantage.
So for df1b2variables I went back to shallow copies. The only thing you need to
lnow is that as you discovered

    df1b2variable x =y;

means that x and y are the same.  This is already the case for dvar_vectors.

See below