[ADMB Users] crappy software

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 10:42:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

Lack of convergence in a few simulated datasets can cause differences
in average estimates. The best approach would be to
do a paired experiment, i.e. to apply R and ADMB to the same
simulated datasets, and look at within replicate differences. Ideally
Zhang et al should be able to reproduce all simulated datasets.
I have run 300 of Dave's simulations in his ADMB program. Convergence does not
seem to be a problem there, though.

Hans