[ADMB Users] can't get betai function to work

Brandon Chasco brandon.chasco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:48:55 PDT 2011

I recently compiled a tpl using an older version of ADMB for which the betai
function worked (not sure which version it was).  I then tried to compile it
USing 10.0 and received and error.  I included the fvar.hpp header in the
globals section, and still received the following error.

Error E2268 anchoveta.cpp 74: Call to undefined function 'betai' in function
model_data::model_data(int,char * *)

Here is the beginning of the code with data types and function call.  I left
out the loop increments, as clearly I have missed something having to do
with the function call or globals section.  I looked at the betai function
in the fvar header file and I am unable to determine why my function call is
not working.

Thanks,
Brandon

GLOBALS_SECTION
  #include <admodel.h>
  #include <math.h>
  #include <fvar.hpp>
  #include <stdio.h>
  #include <stddef.h>
  #include <stdlib.h>
  #define PI 3.141592654
  #include <iostream>
  #include <iomanip>

  ofstream pars("pars.out");

DATA_SECTION
  init_number Ch;   //size of the MPA
  init_number ChMPA;//size of the MPA
  init_number PeMPA;//size of the MPA
  init_number Pe;   //size of the MPA
  init_number priH; //h prior to MPA
  init_number adA;  //adult alpha
  init_number adB;  //adult beta
  init_number rcA;  //recruitment alpha
  init_number rcB;  //recruitment beta

  LOCAL_CALCS
      Rs(1,y) = betai(rcA, rcB, Ch);              //Chile
      Rs(2,y) = betai(rcA, rcB, Ch + ChMPA) -
        betai(rcA, rcB, Ch);                      //Chile MPA
      Rs(3,y) = betai(rcA, rcB, Ch + ChMPA + PeMPA) -
        betai(rcA, rcB, Ch + ChMPA);           //Peru MPA
      Rs(4,y) = 1 - betai(rcA, rcB, Ch + ChMPA + PeMPA);
                                                  //Peru

--

Brandon Chasco
University of California Santa Barbara, Bren School