[ADMB Users] ADMB-IDE on Mac OS

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue Apr 3 09:27:18 PDT 2012

During the developers' workshop last month, Steve Martell and I massaged
the ADMB-IDE settings (.emacs file) into Aquamacs until it passed a few
tests of basic functionality:

   M-r  Open Recent
   f7    Build
   f8    Run
   S-f8  Run with Args

Some of the default ADMB-IDE keybindings seemed to invoke Mac-specific
commands, multimedia etc., so we reconfigured the above keybindings for
the Aquamacs ADMB-IDE.

I have now uploaded the ADMB-IDE .emacs file for Aquamacs to:

   http://admb-project.org/community/editing-tools/admb-ide

This .emacs file should _probably_ be placed in the main user directory,
which can _probably_ be found by typing

   echo $HOME

in the shell. Maybe we put it in some other directory, I can't remember.

---

Alas, I'm unable to maintain/test/improve this .emacs file for Aquamacs,
since I don't have access to a Mac. If anyone is interested in adopting
that task, feel free to contact me.

In the end, it might be practical to work with one .emacs file for all
platforms, with a few if-clauses.

Arni