[ADMB Users] profiling glitch: starting from MLE gives bad profile output

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Fri Dec 7 11:32:41 PST 2012

On 12-12-07 11:28 AM, Ben Bolker wrote:
> On 12-12-07 02:21 PM, dave fournier wrote:
It is one of those trivial cases.  If you add say -crit 1.e-7 to the command
line the problem will go away.  More serious is why it is there. The
gradient at the first function evaluation is already smaller than the
default
convergence value so it never gets into the minimization routine so the
variable that hold the best log-likelihood value never gets set. That
should be fixed.