[ADMB Users] mildly robust methods in count models

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:04:24 PST 2012

Hi,

I agree fully with you about the need for robust methods and that ADMB
is a great
tool for implementing such. However, and "robustification" is a generic
tool and should be documented separately from other modelling issues.
I think we need a document (with small  tpl examples), written in a
pedagogical way,
describing  how all the standard probability distributions should
be robustified. That would be a good resource for people who want to
learn about robust methods.

If somebody is willing to develop such a suite I will upload it immediately as
an example on the webpage, but currently I am not able to develop this
from scratch  myself.

Hans