[ADMB Users] 3d ragged array with RE

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:24:26 PST 2012

Hi,
I was running a model without any random effects and it was working fine. Now I need to change it to include random effects.

I'm getting an error on the line where I used to be able to allocate a 3d ragged array.

This is the error
pond.cpp:765: error: no matching function for call to 'df1b23array::allocate(int, data_int&, int, data_int&, int, data_ivector&, const char [11])'

This is the line in the cpp file
tk_minus_b.allocate(1,nponds,1,ndays,1,nobs,"tk_minus_b");

This seems to be the line in the tpl file
3darray tk_minus_b(1,nponds,1,ndays,1,nobs)//(p,b,k)

nobs is an ivector with length=nponds

Are ragged arrays not available with random effects?

thanks,
Mollie

Mollie Brooks
Ph.D. Candidate