[ADMB Users] RE just stops

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Thu Feb 9 12:27:05 PST 2012

I have a RE model (ZINB) with a SEPARABLE_FUNCTION that works if the re parameters have a negative phase, but with a positive phase it stops after completing the phase before the phase of the re parameter is estimated in . If I make the SEPARABLE_FUNCTION just a FUNCTION and use a penalized likelihood rather than a re parameter, then it does 406 function evaluations in the "re" parameters estimation phase and gives me a log: SING error. Any ideas whats wrong?

Mark Maunder

IATTC fall workshop: Using Oceanography for Fisheries Stock Assessment and Management
11-14 October 2011, La Jolla, CA
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/TikiWiki/tiki-index.php?page=Using+Oceanography+for+Fisheries+Stock+Assessment+and+Management+2011

Head of the Stock Assessment Program
Inter-American  Tropical Tuna Commission

President
ADMB Foundation

8604 La Jolla Shores Drive
La Jolla, CA, 92037-1508, USA