[ADMB Users] Relationship between NB in ADMB and NB in R

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Sat Feb 11 15:07:23 PST 2012

Hi Mark,
In negbinomial_density, r=mu/(tau-1) (with a little robustification to keep from dividing by zero. r is then used as the size parameter.

In dnbinom in the contributed stats libraries, Steve and I parametarized the function in terms of size (i.e. k). However, it returns the negative log likelihood.
http://admb-project.org/documentation/api/dnbinom_8cpp.html

cheers,
Mollie