[ADMB Users] -ndb

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:03:50 PST 2012

Hi,

If you grep for the error message in the source you get the
following printout. To help interpretation I can say
that
xsize = # fixed effects
usize = # random effects

>From the inequality "nvariables/num_der_blocks<xsize"
you can figure out the maxium value of "num_der_blocks".

xsize = 4
usize = 100

num_der_blocks= 104/4 = 26.
I do not know the rationale for this.

Hans

df1b2lap.cpp:

  nvariables=xsize+usize;
  int rem=0;
  if (nvariables%xsize!=0)
    rem=1;

  if (nvariables/num_der_blocks<xsize)
  {
    cerr << " Error -- the number of der blocks (-ndb) can not be larger than "
         << nvariables/xsize << endl;
    ad_exit(1);
  }