[ADMB Users] memory allocation error

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Mon Feb 27 21:27:08 PST 2012

I have a memory allocation error. I found Dave's response to this problem in the past.
http://groups.google.com/group/admb-users/browse_thread/thread/bfdc7a95371c9bf6/1e5f21e161033c20?lnk=gst&q=memory+allocation+error&pli=1

However, I was hoping to get some of the gaps filled in.
Dave says
"If you compile your program in debug mode and put a breakpoint in ad_exit()
and do a stack trace you can find the line where this is happening. It may
be that you are doing something like trying to allocate a vector where
one of the arguments is uninitialized. "

Broken down into steps this is:
(1) compile your program in debug mode
I know this means to compile code with option -g and execute it as gdb --args ./
(2)put a breakpoint in ad_exit()
(3)do a stack trace

Could someone please elaborate on steps (2) and (3) for me?

thanks,
Mollie