[ADMB Users] arm version of admb

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:12:57 PST 2012

You sent me this link
http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/iso/

So I installed arm-2008-11-24 which clams to support arm7.
Compiled a crude hello world C++ program using the eldk without drama.

After a lot of farting around with ubuntu, adding a line to
/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1949", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
(the "1949" is the same number as in the the adb-usb.ini file used for
rooting the device
used adb to "push" it to a fold on the Kindle Fire sdcard. some sort of
manufacturer code?)

But I  was completely unable to do a chmod 755 (or 06755, whatever that
is) on the "executable" either using adb or on he device itself.

There seem to be a lot of messy permission problems. The android.rules
trick solved most of them.

Rooting is a pain. The instructions are barely coherent and no
explanations are offered describing what is going on.

John