[ADMB Users] Fwd: training video basic operation

James R. Bence bence at msu.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:32:22 PST 2012

Since our group put together the videos we will check into this.  My
initial guess is that the dat files have some hidden characters (e.g.,
tabs) that recent windows versions do not care about but the Linux build
does.  These are pretty plain vanilla programs that don't do anything
special with the operating systems so I would guess they should work in a
fairly seamless way across platforms.

Jim

>Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:52:23 +0000
>From: Jacob Kasper <jacobkasper at gmail.com>
>To: users at admb-project.org
>Subject: [ADMB Users] training video basic operation
>

>I am going through the training video and I keep getting errors with ADMB2
>and onwards. I can run some tpl files but not the ones that are associated
>with the training video, even when I download fore example the files here
><ftp://glpd.fw.msu.edu/QFC/ADMB-Videos/Current_ADMB_Video_Release/ADMB%202/>ftp://glpd.fw.msu.edu/QFC/ADMB-Videos/Current_ADMB_Video_Release/ADMB%202/
>and change the .tpl so that the names is the same as the .dat. when I run
>the .tpl and then the program I get the message "the test vector is  0 0
>0" which is not what the training video suggests that it should return. I
>have been over the .tpl file carefully and I cannot figure out the error,
>could this be a version issue? I am running Linux 64 bit and built it from
>the source distribution.
>
>THank you
>Jacob

Jim Bence