[ADMB Users] mcmc with a high N

Edgar Gonzalez edgarjgonzalez at ymail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:22:40 PDT 2012

Hi James and Ian:

Certainly I should have discussed the burn-in period. I require 10 000 steps as burn-in period and 6 000 000 steps saving every 1 500 steps to obtain the posterior distribution of my parameters (according to the Raftery diagnostic I ran). So I was thinking about running parallel mcmcs: 12 runs of 510 000 steps saving every 1 500 steps. I now see that I need to change the seed of the mcmc for each run. As pin I'm using the maximum likelihood vector previously obtained for my model. I'm gonna run these mcmcs and see what I get. At the same time I'm gonna try to reparameterize my model, although I'm not sure of how to do this. Is there a book, paper or webpage where I can check for reparameterization tips?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Edgar J. González
Ecology and Natural Resources Dept.