[ADMB Users] ADMB on mac os 10.7.3

Curry Cunningham curryc2 at uw.edu
Sun May 20 18:01:09 PDT 2012

Hello ADMB users,

I recently updated my mac os to 10.7.3 (lion) and now I cannot compile my .tpl files without getting the following message:

*** Parsing: tpl2cpp simple

*** Compiling: CXXFLAGS="-m64" adcomp simple
g++ -c -O3 -Wno-deprecated  -DOPT_LIB -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -DUSE_LAPLACE -fpermissive -I. -I/usr/local/admb/include -m64 simple.cpp
/usr/local/admb/bin/adcomp: line 38: g++: command not found

Error: Failed to build executable.

However when I type in the 'admb' command I get:

Usage: admb [-d] [-g] [-r] [-s] model

Build AD Model Builder executable from TPL.

  -d     Create DLL
  -g     Insert debugging symbols
  -r     Create ADMB-RE
  -s     Enforce safe bounds
  model  Filename prefix, e.g. simple

Has anyone been able to successfully compile and build ADMB projects with OS 10.7.3 through Xcode 3.2.5?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Curry J. Cunningham
School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences,
University of Washington
(907) 360.4217