[ADMB Users] dvariable vs. prevariable

James Thorson jamest.esq at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:33:10 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I had a quick coding question that I couldn't answer online.  What is the
difference between dvariables and prevariables?  They seem to be used
interchangably in calls to SEPARABLE_FUNCTIONS, and it appears that
dvariables are defined based on prevariables.  Is one faster to use than
the other, or more appropriate for particular uses?

Seems like a useful question to have documented on the redmine (where I
understand, perhaps mistakenly, that any answers to this inquiry will be
stored)..

Cheers,
Jim