[ADMB Users] downloads page organization
bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:50:54 PST 2012
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Watching a student get confused today trying to download ADMB, I
came up with a couple of thoughts about the download page
* the navigation sidebar still lists admb 10.1 downloads etc. even
though the page refers to admb 11
* the table of binary distribution links has an empty "size and
checksum" column, some blank rows at the bottom, and missing links for
the Intel C++ 12 and Linux 32/64 bit options
* for a beginning user I think it's pretty hard to see that the
easiest way to get everything you need is to download the ADMB IDE.
Could the IDE be a little bit more prominently featured/described?
* it looks like the IDE hasn't yet incorporated ADMB 11 ?
* is the IDE Windows-only? There is a "ADMB-IDE zip (Windows 32-bit,
Linux, Mac OS)" link, but since the file name is
admb-ide-101-win32.zip I wasn't sure if it was really a cross-platform
installation, or what to do with it ...
(that said, once we downloaded the IDE installer it was indeed
trivially easy to install on Windows with a few clicks)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Users