[ADMB Users] LU decomposition revisited

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:39:16 PST 2012

Great. In the context of spatial statistics "2000x2000 " means that you
can split your regioin into 2000 sub-areas where you have observations.

Parallization: I think everyone agrees that parallization is crucial for
the future of ADMB, although the amount of amount feedback you have received
on your earlier emails have not reflected this. For sparse matrix
calculations I hope to be able to utilize

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/

I am not sure how applicable this is to dense matrices, but it
supports GPU calculations.
It would be nice to have a unified approach to parallization, but I am not sure
if that is realistic.

Hans