[ADMB Users] init_4darray

Alex Campbell ghostofsandy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 17:32:46 PDT 2013

Was passing on an issue from a friend, and lazily didn't try it myself. Of
course now I try it it compiles fine, and he now tells me the second
dimension is ragged. Trying myself, I'm finding
init_int d1
init_ivector d2vec(1,d1)
init_int d3
init_3darray blah(1,d1,1,d2vec,1,d3)

compiles fine, but

init_int d1
init_ivector d2vec(1,d1)
init_int d3
init_int d4
init_4darray blah(1,d1,1,d2vec,1,d3,1,d4)

does not. The first candidate for data_4array:allocate contains int args
only, the other candidate has ad_integer args for the first two, and then
const index_type& args thereafter. Not sure what an index_type is, but it
looks like ragged arrays are not implemented for arrays of dimension higher
than 3. It would be very handy but we can workaround without too much
ugliness.

Number of people desiring this functionality++;  (Number of people capable
of and intending to implement it in the near future+=0.)

Alex