[ADMB Users] unable to run admb after installation

Rotella, Jay rotella at montana.edu
Thu Feb 7 08:50:25 PST 2013

I am trying to install ADMB Windows GCC on a machine with Windows XP. I downloaded the 32-bit version of GCC version 4.5.2 from the gcc page, unzipped the file into a C:\MinGW\. I then edited the path accordingly and installed ADMB according to the directions provided at:
http://www.admb-project.org/documentation/installation/admb-installation-mingw

I opened the ADMB-11 command prompt and went to c:\ADMB> cd examples\admb\simple
When I try to execute the example using  "c:\ADMB\examples\admb\simple> admb simple", I get an error statement that reads:
'admb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best!
Jay