[ADMB Users] Does admb compile with gcc-4.7?

bigA jaguar.smart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:33:13 PST 2013

Hi all,
I am curious if anyone has tried compiling admb with gcc 4.7?
I tried both the svn version and the source zip and ran into trouble.
The svn version does not appear to put the contributed libraries in the
right place, this isn't too big of an issue.

Everything seems to compile correctly , but when I try to test it something
goes wrong.
I find it puzzling that the script doesn't even seem to realize that
something went wrong; It says that it built the executable even though it
didn't.
I think followed the instructions in the readme; they are pretty standard
build instructions.   Has anyone else run into this problem?
Aaron

Hey daft ! What is up? debian :~/admb-trunk/examples/admb/simple$admb
simple.tpl
removed `simple.cpp'
removed `simple.htp'
removed `simple.o'

*** tpl2cpp simple

*** adcomp simple.cpp
g++ -c -O3 -Wno-deprecated -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -DOPT_LIB -DUSE_LAPLACE
-fpermissive -I. -I"/usr/local/admb"/include -I"/usr/local/admb"/contrib
simple.cpp

*** adlink simple
g++ -s -L"/usr/local/admb"/lib -L"/usr/local/admb"/contrib simple.o
-ldf1b2o -ladmod -lcontribo -ladt -lado -ldf1b2o -ladmod -ladt -lado
-lcontribo -o simple
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcontribo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcontribo

Error: Could not build simple