[ADMB Users] Linear multivariate state-space model.

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 11:15:45 PDT 2013

Hi Dan,

Since your model is linear there are at least two approaches you can take:
1. Implement the Kalman filter (see chapter 8 in the ADMB manual)
2. Use the random effects module of ADMB in which you explicitly define
    your state variable X to be a latent variable. This approach
    can be generalized to nonlinear models.

I recommend doing both as an exercise to understand the possibilities that
ADMB offers. With regard to 2) there are a few tricks that people have
tpl-files for.

What is the size of your model, i.e. the dimension of X and the length of
your
time series? This info is critical for assessing which of 1 and 2 (if any)
is
the best choice. You say "spatio" which indicates that X is high
dimentional.

Hans