[ADMB Users] Problems with -gh

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Fri Mar 1 11:40:58 PST 2013

On 13-03-01 10:20 AM, Jeff Laake - NOAA Federal wrote:

I think the problem is that a long int in windows is only 32 bytes.
I compiled this in

    gcc -m64

on linux

#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
   int nbits=sizeof(char*);
   if (nbits==4)
    printf("this is 32 bytes\n");
   else if (nbits==8)
    printf("this is 64 bytes\n");
   else
    printf("this can't happen");

   nbits=sizeof(long int);
   if (nbits==4)
    printf("this is 32 bytes\n");
   else if (nbits==8)
    printf("this is 64 bytes\n");
   else
    printf("this can't happen");

   nbits=sizeof(int);
   if (nbits==4)
    printf("this is 32 bytes\n");
   else if (nbits==8)
    printf("this is 64 bytes\n");
   else
    printf("this can't happen");

}

on linux I get output

this is 64 bytes
this is 64 bytes
this is 32 bytes

using the windows cross compiler I get

this is 64 bytes
this is 32 bytes
this is 32 bytes

so a long int is 32 bytes in the 64 bit version.  Strange eh?