[ADMB Users] ADMB configure script does not act on missing "flex"

Mark Payne mpa at aqua.dtu.dk
Tue Mar 5 05:20:09 PST 2013

Hi,

I just tried to build ADMB directly from the repo. The configure script appeared to work fine, and make did its thing... up to the point where it called the "flex" utility. My linux install (Linux Mint 13 - essentially Ubuntu 12.04 with a fancy front end) doesn't seem to have flex installed by default, and therefore the build failed.

I had a look at the config.log- it looked for flex (and lex) and didn't find them, but then didn't do anything about it... I would have expected an error to be thrown at this point

Installing flex was simple enough, and solved the problem, but isn't this something that should be  captured by the configure script in the first place?

Mark