[ADMB Users] output from running the model

Hai Che haiche.email at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 12:22:00 PDT 2013

Dear all,

After finishing running the model, I want to run a policy experiment, which
means that I will change one of the parameter estimates (for example, turn
it off to 0) and calculate the changes in, for example, the dependent
variable (e.g. choice probability).

So what I did was:

I insert:

ofstream OutFile("elasticity_choice.out", ios::app);
OutFile.precision(10);
OutFile<<h<<"  "<<j<<"  "<<echoice(h,j)<<endl;
OutFile.close();

and also add a line:
ad_exit(1);

after calculating the objective function. The idea is that the model will
run once (using the estimates) and I get the calculated values and output
them into this output file called "elasticity_choice.out".

It seems, however, that no output file is generated after all. This is
rather weird but I want to check with you and see what I am missing.

Best,
Hai