[ADMB Users] How do I change compiler options (e.g. for optimizaton) in ADMB-IDE for windows, please?

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Tue Mar 26 08:22:02 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

ADMB-IDE does not reinvent any wheels, so to compile models it just
invokes the "adcomp" shell script that comes with ADMB. In the compilation
window, you see something like:

*** adcomp simple
g++ -c -O3 -Wno-deprecated -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -DOPT_LIB -DUSE_LAPLACE
-fpermissive -I. -I"c:/admb/admb101-gcc452-win32\include" -o simple.obj
simple.cpp

The easiest way to change the compiler optimization options is to edit the
adcomp.bat script directly, after making a backup copy of the original.
Then you will see something like this in the compilation window:

*** adcomp simple
g++ -whatever the adcomp.bat script does now

Given the importance of optimization options (btw, thanks for analyzing
that), we might modify the "adcomp" script in the near future to allow the
user to set optimization options outside the script, like "adcomp -O2
mymodel". ADMB-IDE will then introduce a new menu entry to set those
options within the IDE.

Arni