[ADMB Users] ADMB with Mavericks

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Mon Nov 11 09:03:36 PST 2013

Your first version appears to make the optimized version of the
program which is intended to run fast and does not do bounds checks.

*** tpl2cpp mixsan

*** adcomp mixsan
g++ -c -O3 -Wno-deprecated -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -DOPT_LIB -DUSE_LAPLACE -fpermissive -I. -I"/Applications/ADMB/ADMB-11 Terminal.app/Contents/admb-11"/include -

Your second version

*** tpl2cpp -bounds mixsan

*** adcomp -s mixsan.cpp
c++ -c -O3 -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -DSAFE_ALL -DUSE_LAPLACE -I. -I"/Users/alejandro/admb-trunk/build/dist"/include -I"/Users/alejandro/admb-trunk/build/dist"/contrib/include mixsan.cpp

makes the slower "safe" version of the program which does bounds checking.  You should always do this first
to make sure that a new program does not walk out of any arrays.

So it appears that your program never really worked, but the first version did not report the problem.