[ADMB Users] ADMB with gcc, mingw, and/or msys - Please fix the bug identified by Dave

Jon Schnute schnutej-dfo at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 15 23:49:18 PST 2013

Very interesting! You're obviously a better picker of Gnu software than I
am. Can you please give me the precise link you used to download the Gnu
software? Also, were you working with source code from ADMB 11.1 or the more
current version from the SVN repository?

Incidentally, I used the Gnu installer 'mingw-get-setup.exe' available at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/

I then used this to install the three packages mingw32-base,
mingw32-gcc-g++, and msys-base. The fact that you and I get different
results shows that it matters which software is used. (By the way, I used an
example without random effects, but surely that shouldn't be relevant.)

I have another question for the ADMB community. The ADMB Downloads site

http://code.google.com/p/admb-project/downloads/list

has the file 'admb-11.1-windows-mingw-32bit.zip'. Can anyone tell me
precisely which Gnu software was used to build this binary image? Someone
must know because someone must have built it.

Thanks. I think we're getting close.

Jon