[ADMB Users] Please test updated installation documentation - Bug still not fixed

Jon Schnute schnutej-dfo at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 19 14:59:10 PST 2013

Thanks, Johnoel (and also Ian). I got the latest version of ADMB from your
link at

http://www.admb-project.org/buildbot/snapshots/admb-latest.zip.

Then I carefully followed your latest instructions  at

http://www.admb-project.org/buildbot/documentation/quickstartwindows.html,

where I even used your specified path C:\admb. Unfortunately, "make" stills
fails with the final commands shown below:

******* Final commands

g++ -c -O3 -Wall -DSAFE_ALL -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -D__SPDLL__ -DUSE_LAPLACE
-I..\

build\dist\include -o..\build\objects\dist\saflp-linad99-xgradclc.obj
linad99\xg

radclc.cpp

g++ -c -O3 -Wall -DOPT_LIB -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -D__SPDLL__ -DUSE_LAPLACE
-I..\b

uild\dist\include -o..\build\objects\dist\optlp-nh99-adsleep.obj
nh99\adsleep.cp

g++ -c -O3 -Wall -DOPT_LIB -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -D__SPDLL__ -DUSE_LAPLACE
-I..\b

uild\dist\include -o..\build\objects\dist\optlp-nh99-amoeba.obj
nh99\amoeba.cpp

g++ -c -O3 -Wall -DOPT_LIB -D__GNUDOS__ -Dlinux -D__SPDLL__ -DUSE_LAPLACE
-I..\b

uild\dist\include -DADMB_VERSION=11.1 -DADMB_REVISION=Unversioned directory
-o..

\build\objects\dist\optlp-nh99-banner.obj nh99\banner.cpp

g++: error: directory: No such file or directory

make[1]: *** [..\build\objects\dist\optlp-nh99-banner.obj] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/admb/src'

make: *** [g++-all] Error 2

******* End final commands

This time the procedure got one step beyond amoeba.cpp, but failed at
banner.cpp. I checked to verify that "banner.cpp" actually exists in the
directory C:\admb\src\nh99; it does. I can't understand how dozens (or
hundreds?) of commands can work fine, but then fail at this particular step.

Ian, thanks for your offer to run tests. If you have a chance, I'd very much
like to know if you get this same error when you follow the same steps that
I did.

Best wishes,

Jon