[ADMB Users] Problems installing admb

Gavin McDonald gmcdonald at bren.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 29 14:30:10 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I'm really having troubles installing admb, and was hoping you could help!
I'm using windows 7 and am trying to install admb through gcc. I am not an
admin on this computer, so have installed both MinGW and admb on dropbox on
my computer. Eventually I'm hoping to use admb from within R.

I've had success building the libraries, and admb runs just find in any
command prompt. However, I'm unable to build simple. I get the following
error: "simple.cpp:1:21: fatal error: admodel.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated"

Do you have any advice on what I can do next?

My environment variables are set as following (all of these are user
variables since I don't have admin privileges):
ADMB_HOME - C:\Users\gmcdonald.ESM\Dropbox\SFG\ADMB
MINGW_HOME - C:\Users\gmcdonald.ESM\Dropbox\SFG\MiniGW
PATH -
%PATH%;"%ADMB_HOME%"\bin;"%ADMB_HOME%"\utilities;"%ADMB_HOME%"\include;"%ADMB_HOME%"\lib;%ADMB_HOME%"\contrib;
%MINGW_HOME%\bin

Thank you so much!

Gavin

--