[ADMB Users] solid state drive and ADMB

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 20 11:56:44 PDT 2013

RAM is cheap, and requires no thought. Figuring out which parts of the
derivative chain to keep in RAM and which parts to write to storage is
costly in terms of time, errors, and headache. Max out the RAM your
machine, especially if you are developing multithreaded applications.

John Sibert
Emeritus Researcher, SOEST
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu HI (GMT-10)