[ADMB Users] Homebrew formula for ADMB on Mac OS X

Kyungdahm Yun tomyun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:49:52 PDT 2014

Dear ADMB users,

I just came across ADMB during the class and found no formula created for Homebrew which is a popular package manager on Mac OS X.

You can install ADMB via Homebrew like:

$ brew install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomyun/homebrew-science/admb–11.1/admb.rb

or

$ brew install admb

once merged to the Homebrew-science repository. It’s not up in the upstream since I wanted to make sure it really works for the users before sending a pull request.

Homebrew users, if there are any, please test this formula to install ADMB and check if there is any problem on your workflow.

Developers, I’d like to inform that a trivial patch had to be applied to two files (ufstream.cpp, cifstrem.cpp) on `std::_Ios_Openmode` as you can see from the diff inside the above Ruby formula. It might have been due to the recent migration to clang compiler of Xcode build tools. I confirmed it worked on Mac OS X 10.9 with Xcode 5 and 10.7 with Xcode 4. It’d be a better idea to fix upstream and check other platforms as well.

Best,
Kyungdahm