[ADMB Users] Are parameters scaled for optimization.

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 7 17:07:13 PST 2014

Yes, all init_ parameters are scaled relative to their upper and lower
bounds, but I'm not sure what the scaled range is, or what happens if
not bounds are specified.

All of the relevant functions can be found in linad99/boundfun.cpp.
Anyone interested could have a look, write some dox, and answer the
questions. This is an open source project.

John Sibert
Emeritus Researcher, SOEST
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Honolulu HI (GMT-10)