[ADMB Users] A documented procedure for using ADMB on 32-bit or 64-bit Windows computers

Steve Martell SteveM at iphc.int
Fri Jan 31 06:49:20 PST 2014

This looks really good Jon.  Thanks for compiling (no pun intended) all of this information.
Steve
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2014, at 4:18 AM, "Jon Schnute" <schnutej-dfo at shaw.ca<mailto:schnutej-dfo at shaw.ca>> wrote:

Since version 11.0, the ADMB Project has lacked a clear procedure for installing and building ADMB on Windows computers, with support for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. A group of us have recently posted both software tools and documentation that solve this problem, particularly for new users with limited knowledge of ADMB and operating systems generally. See:

http://www.admb-project.org/tools/admb-tools-for-windows

I enclose a copy of the installation guide for your convenience. It contains detailed instructions for installing ADMB using our binary libraries or building it from the latest source code. An Appendix explains fundamental concepts like environment variables and paths. Even users on other operating systems might find useful information here. We compare ADMB installations on Windows and Unix-based systems.

Hopefully, our procedures work without problems. We’re interested in feedback, of course.

Best wishes,

Jon

PS – If you use ADMB on Windows, you might want to save the above URL for future reference. To reach this page on the ADMB Project site (http://www.admb-project.org/),  click the “Tools” tab, and select the folder “ADMB Tools for Windows” in the left column.

<InstallationGuide.pdf>

This internet e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, contains confidential, privileged information that is intended only for the addressee. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please call us at (206) 634-1838 collect if necessary) and ask to speak to the message sender. Nothing in this e-mail or the act of transmitting it, is to be construed as a waiver of any rights or privileges enjoyed by the sender or the International Pacific Halibut Commission pursuant to the International Organizations Immunities Act, 22 U.S.C. Sec. 288 et seq.