[ADMB Users] Compiling trouble on Mac, 10.9.4

Øigård Tor Arne tor.arne.oeigaard at imr.no
Fri Jul 25 01:33:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

I’ve got some problems compiling my tpl files using admb on my mac. I had it installed on mavericks earlier without any problems, but then my machine called it a day and got a new one. Installed everything clean but when trying to compile my admb code it spits out error messages. I can compile and run the simple example without any problem. This problem never occurred before.

It's a looong stream of error messages that comes but the very first one is the following:

sea16.cpp:2:20: error: unknown type name '_CONST'

  dvariable posfun(_CONST dvariable&x,const double eps)

The function was in the GLOBALS_SECTION section:

dvariable posfun(_CONST dvariable&x,const double eps)

  {

    if (x>=eps)

    {

      return x;

    }

    else

    {

      dvariable y=1.0-x/eps;

      return eps*(1./(1.+y+y*y));

    }

  }

I’ve installed admb using this link which I found on the google group

http://www.admb-project.org/buildbot/documentation/QuickStartMacOS.html<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.admb-project.org%2Fbuildbot%2Fdocumentation%2FQuickStartMacOS.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFNL5Hh_BPpPg61RUy_1Tqq5Iu0KQ>

I also tried installing it using the svm - admb_trunk but the same thing happened.

I’m using OSX 10.9.4 and Xcode 5.1.1

I would be very grateful if you have any idea and a solution to this.

Kind regards,

Tor Arne