[ADMB Users] Windows machine ADMB Installation Visual C++ installation problem

Allan Hicks - NOAA Federal allan.hicks at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 31 08:25:14 PDT 2014

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the screenshots. That makes things a bit easier.

The error is due to the "bin" folder not being on the path, so your
computer does not know where to find the "admb" batch file to do the
compiling.  I see that you have "C:\ADMB\" on your path (the PATH variable
in the user environment variables).  Click on the PATH variable in the User
Environment Variables, click "Edit", and change the entry "C:\ADMB\" to
"C:\ADMB\bin".  Then open a new command prompt to make sure the new
settings are applied.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions,
Allan