[ADMB Users] Problem assigning double to dvariable class

Jim Lady jlady at uw.edu
Mon Jun 30 11:45:44 PDT 2014

I'm working on creating a stand-alone deliverable that estimates certain
types of models using ADMB with random effects.

I successfully created a static library of the admb code that I can link to
(Windows 7, Visual Studio 2013), and create a stand-alone executable.

Problem:  I'm trying to calculate the log-likelihood value as a double
(built-in c++ type), and then asign it to an object of type
objective_function_value - the objective_function_value class has an
assignment operator that takes a double. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
be functional - admb will not converge - the assigment operator does not
seem to be setting everything up correctly.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this, and know of a fix?

Thanks.