[Developers] Website: example collection

Hans Julius Skaug Hans.Skaug at math.uib.no
Tue Dec 8 00:15:21 PST 2009

John,

Yes, I will take a lead on this, but moving all the examples
may take time. And yes, it is good to take
this as a part of the bigger descussion about web site design.

I am in favor of placing the examples on a top level,
but a second level is also OK. An equally important
question is how to create a model taxonomy. My suggestion is
to use fairly wide topics, like differential equations, growth curves, etc.
I imagine 10 - 20 topics on this level. The sublevels are harder
to imagine.

The alternative is to create topics that are closer
to the inner working of ADMB: funnels, random effects,
mcmc etc. I my opinion that is more natural in the user manual,
but not so much at the website.

Suggestion: use the former taxonomy, and lest every posted model have
a short ingress telling which ADMB features are being used.
People put models on their own web-pages, and post
the ingress (containing and url) to the mailing list, where it is picked
up by us (me) and posted on our web site. At a later stage
the example can be fully uploaded to our website.

Hans