[Developers] Running ADMB with separate exe and data dirs

Hans Julius Skaug Hans.Skaug at math.uib.no
Fri Nov 5 00:04:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

What Arni says regarding glmmADMB is correct: the reason for doing things
in a temporary directory was to avoid too many output files
in the R working directory, but still being able to access the files if needed.
The original idea was that users who find glmmADMB too limited would
proceed to become full ADMB users. That has not happened to
much extent yet. I am not sure what our philosophy for the package
is now. We may as well try to hide as much of the ADMB details as possible.

Hans