[Developers] [ADMB Users] Save the date - June 20 - 23, 2011

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Mon Jan 3 10:16:20 PST 2011

John,

One thing we need to make sure is that we go through all the steps to add some code to the codebase. Including getting the source code, changing the source code, commenting the source code, documenting the source code, testing the source code, submitting the source code.

Related to this is how to create a function (passing and receiving arguments), overloading functions so they work with multiple variable types, ....

I also think we should go over creating, using, and distributing your own libraries, which might be the initial testing bed and distribution of code before it gets accepted to the base code

Finally, we need to discuss the process of how to decide on what code gets accepted into the base code.

An ambitions, but perhaps useful task might be to add a PRIORS_SECTION to ADMB so that priors can be added to any estimated or derived parameter
(I know that this does not add much, but it would provide more structure to the code and could clarify things for new users).

e.g.

PARAMETER_SECTION
  init_vector ln_a
  init_number ln_b
  vector a
  number b

PRIORS_SECTION
  ln_a~normal(0,1)
  b~prior_t(10,3)

Mark

Mark Maunder
Head of the Stock Assessment Program
Inter-American  Tropical Tuna Commission
8604 La Jolla Shores Drive
La Jolla, CA, 92037-1508, USA

Tel: (858) 546-7027
Fax: (858) 546-7133
mmaunder at iattc.org
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/TikiWiki/tiki-index.php?page=Mark+Maunder

Visit the AD Model Builder project at
 http://admb-project.org/

See the following website for information on fisheries stock assessment
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/